Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sneak Peek


This will be a short post, but wanted to share one area of my classroom that needed some attention.

I have gotten in the habit of taking pics of my classroom during the last week of school so I can remember what worked that year.  This week while cruising through my pics I came across one that made me desperate for change.  It got to the point that I really could not focus on the rest of the room until I came up with a plan to change it.

Here is the before pic:



Yuck!  Tack strips are helpful, but are ugly!  So I decided to do a "fake" bulletin board around the tack strips.  Here is the new improved wall:

Yes!  Good bye ugly tack strips.  Hello, gorgeous schedule and dismissal board!  The Special Schedule will be helpful during the first weeks of school.  The "How We Go Home" will have clothespins for each student.  I am going to double check with each parent to be sure we have the correct transportation for their little ones ride home that first day.

Do you take pics of your room each year?  Does it help you when you are setting everything back up for a new year?  Let me know in the comments below if you have improved an area in your room this year and what the improvement is.

No comments:

Post a Comment