Thursday, August 8, 2013

Craftivity & Contest "Git R Done 2"

My mind is filled with clutter from setting up my classroom!  School starts with kiddos on August 14th.  I am officially on the "clock" on Monday.  I am further along today than I was yesterday.  I really wanted to post photos today of my room...but it is sooooo NOT ready for that yet.  And why am I not ready?  Because I am taking time to do cute craft projects.

I am sure that most of you have seen the cute photos of kindergarten students holding a photo frame that has the quote "My 1st Day of Kindergarten".  I have wanted to do this for 2 years now and I am glad to say I am to the finish line on this one.  Whoop! Whoop!

Here is a pic of what mine looks like:

I am using velcro on the "1st" and the apple.  At the end of the year, I will replace the "1st" with the word "last".  The apple will be switched out each year.  The rest of the letters I used hot glue to attach them around the frame.  I will use these photos in our Kindergarten Memory Book that we put together the last week of school.
Supplies to make this were cheap!  Scrapbook paper was on sale at Hobby Lobby earlier in the summer.  The foam apple came in a pack of 10 at the Target Dollar Spot.  The frame I picked up for $2.99 at Goodwill.  (I used a black sharpie marker to color in a couple of chips in the frame.)  This project was less than $5 to make.  I am so excited to finally have this "craftivity" completed.  Check that off the to do list.
Okay so my title also mentions a CONTEST.  I am calling it "Git R Done 2".  This contest is connected to another goal of mine--to have all of my Donors Choose Projects funded by the start of school.  YiKeS!!!!  I still have two projects left to fund.  One is under $100 and the other is at $285.  So I decided to come up with a contest to help promote donations.  

HOW TO ENTER:
Click on over to my Donors Choose Project Page and donate $1.  Every $1 donation is an entry when you put in the comments "Git R Done 2".  If you use the match code DREAMS (courtesy of the Black Philanthropy Giving Page) your donation will be doubled and you will receive an additional entry into the contest.  Contest ends at Midnight August 13, 2013 (EST)

THE PRIZE:
The winner will receive a $5 Donors Choose Donation to a project of the their choice.  If one of my projects is fully funded by Midnight of August 13th, 2013 the prize will jump to a $10 Donors Choose Donation.  If BOTH projects fund by midnight of August 13th, 2013 the prize will be increase to $25.

THE DRAWING:
I will randomly draw the winner on August 14th, 2013 by 8:00 pm (EST).  I will post the winner right here on the blog and share it on facebook.  (I may draw the winner sooner, but remember this is my FIRST day with the kiddos!)

If you have questions about the contest, please leave it in the comments below for me to answer.  Thanks!!!  Now let's Git R Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment